You’re probably the type of person your friends and family go to with their technical problems. When things get challenging, you don’t run away from the challenge, you run towards it.
Things about you:
- You are a self starter and eager to learn new things.
- Take pride in your work, even if no one else sees it.
- Great work ethic.
- Passion for the best ideas, even if they aren’t yours
- Willingness to disagree and voice an alternative opinion if you believe it is correct, even if the person you disagree with is more experienced than you
- Whatever-it-takes attitude, even if that means that you’ll have to get out of your comfort zone
About the role
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at cove, you’ll be joining our product team and have outsized influence over how our software is built and the tools we use. Your role will consist of building our software platform and delivering a great experience to our users. You’ll help us build, test, and run a robust, well-tested, and modern software platform (currently we use React/React Native on the front-end and Node on the backend). You will bring expertise to the backend process while contributing to code and discussions for our full-stack.
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Experience leading the design of the backend for a SaaS or scaling software product
- Experience designing and building APIs, services or microservices and backend architecture.
- Experience with Heroku preferred (or AWS, Docker).
- Experience scaling backend infrastructure - server management, hosting and deployment, implementation and CI/CD.
- Interested in working in our stack (databases: MongoDB, GraphQL)
- Understanding of modern web development.
- Experience working in a team. Comfortable reviewing and testing your team’s work and providing thoughtful feedback.
- Clear communication skills.
Nice to haves (but not required)
- Experience with Agile Software development practices
- Experience writing unit and component tests
- Some full stack experience/experience with React or React Native
- CSS/UI/UX skills