We are on a mission to build software and create in-person experiences that transform the way people engage with their physical environment. We do this by partnering with real estate owners and operators to put the experience in everyone’s hands. Since 2013, our vision has always been to create great spaces, provide great service, and use technology to make everything easier. With operations in our DNA, we have built a dynamic platform to connect the physical and digital worlds —turning real estate into a consumer-driven experience that brings people to the forefront.
You are a skilled software engineer with experience building software platforms and knowledge of mobile products. You get excited about challenging problems and enjoy working with a team to build something great. You understand what a true MVP product looks like but also know the importance of debugging and improving on what you’ve created. You are looking for an opportunity to grow while mentoring others and providing your expertise.
Things about you:
- You take pride in your work, even if no one else sees it.
- You have a great work ethic and enjoy solving challenging problems.
- You get excited and have a passion for the best ideas, even if they aren’t yours.
- You have an opinion and a willingness to disagree even if the person you disagree with is more “experienced” than you.
- You understand that sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone to get to your goals.
As a Senior Software Engineer at cove, you’ll be joining our product team and have outsized influence over how our software is built and the tools we use. Your role will consist of building our software platform and delivering a great experience to our users. You’ll help us build, test, and run a robust, well-tested, and modern software platform (currently we use React/React Native on the front-end and Node on the backend). At times, you will mentor other developers and stand as a key decision maker on important architectural decisions.
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on a team, delivering code to production.
- Strong experience with React and React Native, GraphQL preferred as well.
- Understanding of web application architecture, engineering best practices, and computer science principles.
- Comfortable reviewing and testing your team’s work and providing thoughtful feedback.
- Clear communicator
- You make your team better by supporting, mentoring, and letting others shine.
Nice to haves (but not required)
- Mobile test automation and/or mobile CI/CD experience
- Full-stack experience/experience with Node.js, MongoDB
- Strong UI/UX skills
- Experience with Agile Software development practices
Details: We have a distributed team that works remotely across locations in the United States. We are open to candidates from most states but not all. You may be contacted requesting additional details about your location